Intercultural Communication and Management
The Intercultural Communication and Management course tackles one of the key topics of modern management: how to handle interactions with customers, personnel and organisational systems from different cultures in the global market. Nowadays, more and more organisations and companies operate on an international scale; therefore, they cannot underestimate the influence of cultural variables on consumer purchasing behaviour and on managerial, professional and communication styles.
Furthermore and ever more frequently, the mergers and acquisitions of companies, joint ventures and international partnerships result in having to confront different cultural values and organisational and strategic systems that must be adequately managed, lest this kind of operation fail. Also, from a specifically operational point of view, cultural diversity has a profound effect on interpersonal communication modalities; a lack of awareness and competency in these subjects may give rise to very problematic situations. Today, all this creates the need for dedicated training in intercultural communication and management.
The Intercultural Communication and Management course is aimed at providing you with the conceptual and operational tools to enable you to function as a manager in an international environment. On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- understand the meaning of culture and the impact of cultural diversity on business and management;
- evaluate and interpret cultural diversity by means of the most advanced conceptual models;
- understand and manage the various levels of cultural influence on business (national/regional, by productive sector, professional, functional and company) and their interactions;
- understand and manage the communication models and styles of the various cultures of the world;
- understand and manage the impact of cultural influences on the organisation, the company strategy and customer and personnel relations;
- operate in international teams;
- understand the competencies necessary for international level management, with particular reference to cultural diversity management.
The Intercultural Communication and Management course is primarily aimed at those who intend to or already operate professionally in international contexts: managers, entrepreneurs and professionals. More generally, it is a course that is useful to all those who wish to acquire or consolidate their competencies in the field of intercultural management, in view of the expected evolution of their professional life or of their business.
In line with the Rome Business School’s general approach and the best international standards, the course is designed with the aim of providing excellent training with an emphasis to its concrete application in the job, professional and company markets.
Therefore, the course involves both mainly one way teaching phases – to accurately transfer the reference conceptual models – and practical application sessions aimed at developing your operational and management capabilities.
Your progress in the subjects taught will be tested and consolidated through exercises related to actual managerial cases.
This course can be attended in three ways:
On line, via a cutting-edge web platform
In house, i.e. at your workplace
Whichever way you choose to take the course, you will receive:
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a named participation certificate.
HIGH QUALITY LECTURES
Our teachers are renowned trainers and managers who come from a multitude of operational and professional environments. They are therefore able to bring a wealth of up to date experience and competency.
All participants in this course will be provided with a wealth of documentation, including slide presentations, case studies and exercises.
If you wish, participation in this course will entitle you to:
- Having your CV inserted in the Rome Business School database and distributed to companies, organizations and head hunters of the Rome Business School’s international network;
- The review and editing of your CV;
- Support in managing your job interviews.
REGISTRATION IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participation in the Master’s course entitles you to be enrolled in the Rome Business School Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences and projects.
Course duration and dates
How to apply
To register you have to:
Fill in the REGISTRATION FORM and send it to fax +39 (0)6 96708812 or via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the payment via bank transfer, with your details and the title of the course; payments must be made to: Rome Business School — IBAN: IT15W0200805219000102125005 — BIC SWIFT CODE: UNCRITM178L — Bank account number: 102125005 — Bank name: UNICREDIT
Send both the form and the bank transfer receipt via fax to +39 (0)6 96708812 or via email to email@example.com