Master in Agribusiness Management
Under the patronage of:
October 2017 – October 2018
The Rome Business School’s Master in Agribusiness Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these disciplines, leading to a successful global career in the agro network field (production, seed and crop, harvest and stock in agriculture, market of commodities, food supply chain, food and wine business).
With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The programme’s quality teaching and networking services all contribute to make it the perfect fit for anyone who is looking to rise to the top in the world of farming, food production, or in the start-up agribusiness system.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics and trends of the agri-food market and the role played by the farmers, industrialists, and their representatives in the organizations
- Recognize the intersection of agribusiness with other areas of economic and social concern, such as economic development and new ways of production and business diversification (organic farming, biofuel, biogas, circular economy, etc…)
- Identify and manage the characteristics of the main food businesses and develop effective managerial strategies
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for agri-food corporations
- Utilize the most advanced marketing techniques to promote businesses and organizations
- Manage the financial dimensions related to agricultural activities
- Understand and utilize project management techniques for agricultural businesses
- Manage the agri-food supply chain
- Learn about the start-up ecosystem related to agribusiness
- Master the use of new technologies within farmer or industrialist organizations and the most advanced production tools and channels
- Learn about the international organizations operating in the agribusiness sector and the international policies and support linked to this economic sector
- Meet farmers or food producers that changed their companies by taking new and radical approaches.
The Master in Agribusiness Management is a course of excellence aimed at a maximum of 20 participants and is designed for those who are already working in the sectors of agriculture, farming, start-ups, foodtech, or production, but intend to expand and update their knowledge, and for those who are seeking their first exposure in these topics.
Structure (12 months)
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Management is structured in:
- 6 months of lectures (twice per week)
- 6 months of project work
- Company visits
- Personalized career services
- Cultural programme
- Seminars and events
The Master in Agribusiness Management may be attended in the following formulas:
- On Campus, at the Rome Business School Rome headquarters.
- Online (Distance Learning), through a cutting edge e-learning platform with live lectures and a great teacher-student interaction.
All applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or be near completion)
- A good English proficiency (both speaking and writing)
In order to ensure a top quality training course, attendance is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
The participation fee for the Master in Agribusiness Management is € 5.500,00 and includes:
HIGH QUALITY LECTURES
The Rome Business School’s teachers are always highly selected international level trainers and managers from a plethora of operational and professional backgrounds; The quality of training is recognized by the ISO 9001:2008 Certification obtained by the Rome Business School.
For both the on-campus and distance-learning formulas, attendees can always count on the assistance of a tutor for any clarification they may require and for the execution of the tests and exercises planned for each subject.
Attendees will be issued with a wealth of documentation, including slides, notes, study cases, articles, videos and useful links.
Participation in this course also entitles attendees to: having their CV inserted in the Rome Business School’s database and distributed to companies, organizations and head hunters of the Rome Business School’s international network; a free review of their CVs; support in managing their job interviews; networking meetings with managers, professionals and entrepreneurs on an international scale; a personalised monitoring and alerting service for the best job opportunities both in Italy and abroad.
ENROLMENT IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL’S ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Attendance in the course entitles to be enrolled in the Rome Business School’s Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences and projects.
Having successfully completed a project work and passed an exam, all students who will have regularly attended will be awarded the Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Agribusiness Management.