Master in Fashion Management
March 2018 – March 2019
The Rome Business School’s Master in Fashion Management is the ideal academic course for professionals seeking a world-class degree programme in these discipline, leading to a successful global career in the the global fashion market.
With the Rome Business School’s international perspective, the programme offers a unique learning experience and a global professional exposure, enabling participants to study in one of the best cities of the world or online. The Rome Business School’s Master in Fashion Management is geared to provide all the tools necessary to interpret, forecast, and follow this sector’s phases and trends, and is aimed at students, professionals, and entrepreneurs in the fashion, design, and luxury industries who wish to acquire the basics of and the ability to interpret the evolution of this special market, setting up and maintaining successful businesses.
In particular, on completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- identify, analyse, and understand the fashion sector’s characteristics, its market trends and their evolution;
- identify and develop effective managerial strategies for fashion sector businesses;
- recognise and understand the specificities and differences between the various types of production and organisation in fashion, haute couture and fast fashion businesses;
- develop a business plan for fashion companies;
- identify the specificities of the various types of products in the clothing, accessories, jewellery, home and beauty contexts;
- analyse and perfect offline, online, and performance integrated fashion system strategies pertaining to marketing, branding, and communication;
- identify, analyse, and understand the innovative technologies, materials, and distribution opportunities found in the fashion sector;
- utilise brand monitoring tools suited to continuously work on the constant improvement of a fashion brand’s storytelling and reputation;
- utilise the experience acquired during company visits and interactions with industry professionals to build their own professional networks in the fashion market.
At the end of the Master, the students will be able to strengthen their professionalism or start their careers in relation to professional profiles such as:
- Entrepreneur or manager in companies specialising in production, distribution, or commercialisation in the fashion context;
- Store manager
- Designer and stylist with managerial and communication abilities
- Brand manager, marketing and/or communication director for fashion companies (also as a freelance consultant)
- Press officer or PR director for a fashion brand
- Social media manager or social media strategist for a fashion brand
- Event manager specialising in fashion shows and events
- Personal shopper
- Fashion blogger
The Master Course in Fashion Management is designed both for those who are already professionally employed in the fashion industry and wish to update their competencies and acquire new ones in the field, and for those who intend to get a specialisation before their first experience in the industry.
Thus, typical attendee profiles are:
- graduates interested in specialising in fashion management and therefore in acquiring the specific competencies needed to operate in this context;
- entrepreneurs interested in launching or revitalising a retail business focussed on the sale of clothing, accessories, jewellery, and home and beauty products;
- designers and stylists who also wish to acquire managerial competencies related to the management, distribution, and communication of their own brand or collection;
- managers, professionals, and consultants seeking to specialise in the fashion industry.
Structure (12 months)
The Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Fashion Management is structured in:
- 6 months of lectures (twice a week)
- 6 months of international internship opportunities and project work
- Company visits
- Personalized career services
- Cultural programme
- Seminars and events
The Master in Fashion Management may be attended in the following formulas:
- On Campus, at the Rome Business School Rome headquarters.
- Online (Distance Learning), through a cutting edge e-learning platform with live lectures and a great teacher-student interaction.
All applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or be near completion)
- A good English proficiency (both speaking and writing)
In order to ensure a top quality training course, attendance is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
Early Bird Discount: 10% discount reserved for participants of the March 2018 Intake enrolling in our Master Programmes before December the 11th!
The participation fee for the Master in Fashion Management is € 6.500,00 and includes:
HIGH QUALITY LECTURES
The Rome Business School’s teachers are always highly selected international level trainers and managers from a plethora of operational and professional backgrounds; The quality of training is recognized by the ISO 9001:2008 Certification obtained by the Rome Business School.
For both the on-campus and distance-learning formulas, attendees can always count on the assistance of a tutor for any clarification they may require and for the execution of the tests and exercises planned for each subject.
Attendees will be issued with a wealth of documentation, including slides, notes, study cases, articles, videos and useful links.
Participation in this course also entitles attendees to: having their CV inserted in the Rome Business School’s database and distributed to companies, organizations and head hunters of the Rome Business School’s international network; a free review of their CVs; support in managing their job interviews; networking meetings with managers, professionals and entrepreneurs on an international scale; a personalised monitoring and alerting service for the best job opportunities both in Italy and abroad.
ENROLMENT IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL’S ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Attendance in the course entitles to be enrolled in the Rome Business School’s Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences and projects.
Having successfully completed a project work and passed an exam, all students who will have regularly attended will be awarded the Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in Fashion Management.