Master in eHealth and Telemedicine Management
March 2018 – March 2019
Under the patronage of:
Master in eHealth and Telemedicine Management is the combined use of information technology and electronic communication, especially the internet, in the health sector, for clinical, educational and administrative purposes; both on-site and at distance (in which case it is called Telemedicine).
eHealth is not only a technical development, but also represents a way of thinking, a commitment, an organizational approach to improve health care locally or regionally by using the new opportunities presented by Information and Communication Technology.
By means of e-Health and Telemedicine, a Healthcare Institution or Ministry can achieve:
- more efficiency in health care: reducing costs by networking data and knowledge, avoiding duplication in diagnostic or therapeutic interventions, treating patients directly at home
- a higher quality of care: by networking the Health professionals’ knowledge, enabling comparisons, and involving the patients and care givers
- the empowerment of patients
- the education of both physicians and patients about the management of pathologies
- more equity, for example by networking smaller hospitals with larger institutions and making virtual visits to remote areas
In this scenario, it is crucial for a Manager to understand the potentiality, seize the opportunities, push and, above all, lead the e-Health and Telemedicine revolution in health care.
The Rome Business School’s Master’s degree in eHealth and Telemedicine Management has been designed to supply training on organizational processes and technologies aimed at the proper introduction and management of ICT solutions and Telemedicine in Health Systems.
The Master’s Degree Course is designed for Directors and Managers of Healthcare Institutions, Directors and Managers of Social and Healthcare Ministries, healthcare Decision-Makers, Clinicians, Clinical Engineers.
On completion of the training course, attendees will:
- understand e-Health and Telemedicine terminologies and their areas of application
- be aware of the most widespread and innovative technology platforms and solutions available
- possess the skills to evaluate and choose the best e-Health projects and solutions
- be able to manage the organizational aspects stemming from the introduction of e-Health in an Institution, a Region, or a Country
- be able to apply the knowledge of the best-in-class European e-Health projects to the domestic contexts
- be e-Health evangelists.
On completion of this Master’s Degree Course, attendees will be able to work or improve their careers as:
- e-Health Managers
- Chief Information Officers for healthcare institutions
- e-Health executive consultants
- Managers of ICT Departments of Health Ministries
- e-Health and Telemedicine evangelists
- Introduction, Terms and General Concepts
- Health Technology Assessment
- Electronic Medical Records
- National Electronic Health Records
- Chronic Disease Management
- EMR for Primary Care
- Clinical Decision Support Systems
- UK WSD “The Largest Randomised Control Trial of Telehealth and Telecare in the World”
- Better Health Through IT
- Standards and Interoperability
- Telemedicine: areas of use and technologies
- Introducing e-Health in Hospital environments
- Economics of e-Health
- Healthcare reform: changing the healthcare models in Europe
- ESA activities in Telemedicine: space technology for downstream eHealth applications
- E-Health experiences in the Italian regions
- E-Health in Hospitals
- Telemedicine for local organizations
- Telemedicine for developing Countries
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Designing of e-health projects
- European Structural Funding for e-Health management
Structure (12 months)
The Rome Business School’s Master’s degree in eHealth and Telemedicine Management is structured in:
6 months of Lectures + Additional Activities
6 months of project work
This course may be attended in the following formulas:
- on campus, at the Rome Business School Rome headquarters.
- distance learning, through a cutting edge e-learning platform with live lectures and a great teacher-student interaction.
All applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or be near completion)
- A good English proficiency (both speaking and writing)
In order to ensure a top quality training course, attendance is limited to a maximum of 20 participants.
The participation fee for the Master in eHealth and Telemedicine Management is € 4.500,00 and includes:
HIGH QUALITY LECTURES
The Rome Business School’s teachers are always highly selected international level trainers and managers from a plethora of operational and professional backgrounds; The quality of training is recognized by the ISO 9001:2008 Certification obtained by the Rome Business School.
For both the on-campus and distance-learning formulas, attendees can always count on the assistance of a tutor for any clarification they may require and for the execution of the tests and exercises planned for each subject.
Attendees will be issued with a wealth of documentation, including slides, notes, study cases, articles, videos and useful links.
Participation in this course also entitles attendees to: having their CV inserted in the Rome Business School’s database and distributed to companies, organizations and head hunters of the Rome Business School’s international network; a free review of their CVs; support in managing their job interviews; networking meetings with managers, professionals and entrepreneurs on an international scale; a personalised monitoring and alerting service for the best job opportunities both in Italy and abroad.
ENROLMENT IN THE ROME BUSINESS SCHOOL’S ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Attendance in the course entitles to be enrolled in the Rome Business School’s Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences and projects.
Having successfully completed a project work and passed an exam, all students who will have regularly attended will be awarded the Rome Business School’s Master’s Degree in e-Health Management.
Payment can be made either:
– In one lump sum, with 10% discount
– In four monthly installments without interest.
Three scholarships can be granted to cover part of the registration fee.