The Rome Business School, for its didactic of excellence in the distance learning education, will participate to the “First International seminar on online higher education“, organized by the On Line Business School in Barcelona n the 16th and 17th of October.
More than 10 worldwide universities will participate during 2 days in a very complete agenda of debate, with the aim of sharing international standards on the online management programmes.
Key speakers from different and reputed universities that play an important role on the online higher education sector, such as:
- Antonio Ragusa, Founding President – Rome Business School
- Amy Woodgate, Project Manager – Distance Education Initiative (DEI) & MOOCs – The University of Edinburgh
- Tim Gore, Director of Global Networks and Communities – University of London
- Dr. Stavros P Xanthopoylos, Vice-director – Fundaçao Getullo Vargas online de Brasil
- Dr. Jonathan Muir, Director of Studies – University of Bradford
- Jessica Hills, Content Manager Virtual Ashridge – Ahsridge Business School
- Victor Maestre, Director Centro de Educación Virtual – Universidad Autónoma del Caribe de Colombia,
- Mario Herane, Director ejecutivo eMayor – Universidad Mayor – eMayor de Chile
- David Shani, MBA Director – Kean University de Estados Unidos
- Beatriz Eugenia Venegas Bonett, Directora de Programa y Talento -CEIPA Business School de Colombia
- Adolfo Montalvo, Director Académico – Centro Universitario Internacional de la Universidad de Barcelona
- Alfredo M. Scatizza, Coordinador Académico de la Maestría en Comercio y Negocios Internacionales – Universidad Virtual y Nacional de Quilmes en ArgentinaAndreu Bellot, Director de Innovación y Tecnología – Universidad Internacional de Valencia,
- Milagros Morgán, Vicerrectora de Servicios Universitarios – Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas
- Manuel Moreno, Rector del Sistema de Universidad Virtual – Universidad Virtual de Guadalajara de México
and, of course, OBS, will debate and analyse, among other subjects the quality standards and contents of the programmes, the new roles of both teachers and students, sharing of academic, organizational and course delivery best practices, have a deep exchange on insights on sector trends, explore the set up of a permanent network of online higher education players to act as an observatory of trends and the creation of an accreditations, rankings and reputation system for the online sector, which has different needs and requirements in comparison to the traditional education system
The growth of the online format has a geometrical progression worldwide, including those geographical areas where the economical growth is relevant and that have an urgent need for higher education. North America is actually the market leader, followed by Western Europe, Asia, South America, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa. By countries the higher expansion percentage can be found in Vietnam, Malaysia, Rumania, Azerbaijan, Thailand, etc, all of them with significant growths between 30 and 40%. It is foreseen that in 2016, other countries will ad up to those, mainly China, South Korea, India and Brazil.