Working in politics has never required as many professional competencies as in this historical period. Playing an active role in an electoral campaign or in the life of a party, but also writing about politics on a daily basis, are activities that, without specific training and without the mastery of the most up-to-date techniques, risk being unproductive.
In such a framework, the Master in Political Marketing has been designed to enable all those who wish to be or are already involved in these topics to acquire a store of operational knowledge and capabilities of excellence.
The Master in Political Marketing is a course of excellence aimed at a maximum of 20 participants that wish to acquire competencies of excellence in the effective management of the communication and marketing processes linked to political activities and electoral campaigns.
Structure (duration – 1 year)
- Six months of lectures
- Six months dedicated to final project work
- Visits at international companies and organizations
- Integrative cultural programme
- Seminars and events
Modes of attendance
This Master course can be attended in English, either on campus or by distance learning, in Part-Time formula (2 two-hours lectures per week).
- Market research for politics
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning for politics
- Political-Electoral marketing mix
- Marketing 2.0 and 3.0 for politics
Web and Social media for politics
- Web and Social Media campaign planning, implementation and control for politics
- Using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ for political communication
- Political blogging
- Emailing techniques
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication
- Feedback effectiveness
- Active listening
- Steps for an effective public presentation
Political Press Office
- Political journalism
- The Press Office
- The planning of activities
- Implementing actions and monitoring results.
- Choice and ideation of the most suitable event in order to reach objectives
- Project definition
- Budget definition through the evaluation of economic aspects
- Promotion: online through social media and offline through traditional media
- Practical organization of the event.
The electoral system and its specificity
- Plurality systems
- Majority systems
- Proportional systems
- Mixed systems
Political-electoral research and surveys
- Pre-election polls
- Candidate and party campaign analyses
- Leader and political party positioning analyses
- Campaign impact evaluations
- Election projections and post-election surveys
Leadership for politics
- Interpersonal influence
- Leadership styles
- The techniques
- Role and activity evolution
- Strategies and techniques
- Excellency cases
Fundraising for politics
- Fundraising patterns
- The management of the relationship with donors
- Budgeting and staffing models
- Effective and ethical profiles
- Phone banking, canvassing and special events
Electoral campaign management
- Human resources management and organisation for an electoral campaign
- The thematic campaign
- Territorial campaign
- Cases studies
Innovative communication techniques for politics
- Graphic, video and digital design
- Modelling and 3D animation
- Augmented reality
- Mobile apps
- Video mapping
International excellency cases
- Edsegovi’s HOLOS model (Mexico)
Attending this Master’s Degree course entitles to:
- The inclusion of your CV in the Rome Business School’s database and its distribution to businesses, organizations and headhunters belonging to the Rome Business School’s international network;
- A free CV review;
- Support in the management of job interviews;
- Networking meetings with international managers, professionals and business owners;
- A personalized search and flagging service for the best job opportunities in Italy and abroad.
On completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- structure precise operational plans and strategies for the promotion of a political candidate or group
- make the best use of social media and of the web for political-electoral marketing and communication ends
- learn about new visual and off-line means of communication for a winning placement in the political-electoral market
- enhance their public speaking capabilities also in terms of consultancy to others
- correctly set up and manage an electoral campaign
- know and understand the peculiarities of the different electoral systems
- utilising and designing political-electoral research and surveys
- identify and add value to different leadership styles
- know the best techniques for the organisation of a political event
- realising effective fundraising campaigns
- managing press office activities aimed at the promotion of political candidates or parties
- master the most evolved spin doctoring techniques
- acquire an overview of some of the best practices in the international context
World Class Teachers
The Master’s Degree course faculty is made up of highly selected international university professors, trainers and business managers, drawn from a variety of operational and professional fields and thus able to bring to the table a rich array of up-to-date experiences and competencies. The teaching approach is aimed at the acquisition of know-how, thus at transferring competencies truly useful for the attendees’ professional development.
Rome Business School’s Master in Political Marketing is accredited by UCAM – Universidad Católica de Murcia.
At the completion of the course you will therefore be awarded with a double certification: a diploma from Rome Business School and one from UCAM, with 60 internationally recognized university credits (60 ECTS).
For both the on-campus and the distance-learning courses, attendees can always count on the assistance of a tutor for any clarifications they may require, for the completion of the tests and exercises required by each module and for the final project
Students registered for the Master’s Degree course will be issued with a wealth of learning materials, including slides, textbooks, case studies, articles, videos, and useful internet links.
Registering In The Rome Business School’s Alumni Association
Attendance in the Master’s Degree course entitles to become part of the Rome Business School’s Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences, and projects. Many facilitations are also available for attending further training courses.
The Rome Business School prizes intercultural exchange as a source of personal and professional development. Students from 5 continents regularly attend its courses.